My New Baby

Posted on April 9th, by Amy in Baby Lock, Long Arm Quilting. 28 comments

Technically, it’s bigger, and heavier than my kiddos, but a new sewing machine is just as exciting around here!

New Baby - AmysCreativeSide.com

My friends at Baby Lock have provided the Crown Jewel, a 18″ long arm, in exchange for some projects and tutorials for all of you and their loyal readers!  It’s a win-win situation :)  (Yep! That’s a pallet in my driveway!)

New Baby - AmysCreativeSide.com

Thankfully Joe was home yesterday afternoon when it was delivered – I know I could have put it together, but I trust it a lot more with his handiwork.  The table went up, we made lots of adjustments and rearranged a few things in the space around the table.

New Baby - AmysCreativeSide.com

Isn’t she pretty?

New Baby - AmysCreativeSide.com

The kids kept checking in on our progress, Ella and Sophia were excited to see it finally plugged in, but were still wondering how a quilt works on the rails.  After they went to bed, I loaded some fabric and batting, double checked my threading job, and tuned the tension.  After an hour of quilting, I documented my first empty bobbin, and decided to be done for the evening.  Of course, I could have stayed all night!

New Baby - AmysCreativeSide.com

I love quilting!  And to be able to quilt with a smooth gliding machine – heaven!

I have lots to learn in the months to come, and look forward to sharing the experiences with you.

Let  me know if you have any questions, or helpful tips!

28 thoughts on “My New Baby

Michele says:

So exciting Amy! I’m picking up my new-to-me long arm machine and frame this weekend. We can learn together. Have fun with it. I know that I will.

Marjorie says:

U will love her!!! I have 2 baby locks. Love thrm

Oh , man, how awesome is this! I’m wanting the Tiara tabletop model…..can I get the same deal….I wish!
    What fun you will have, and a whole new world of things to learn. Looking forward to all your efforts and tidbits you learn.

Andrea says:

Hi Amy, congrats on the machine! I got one just over a month ago and it is so fun.. Lots to learn! If you have questions, let me know!

Marcia K says:

I love the expression on the girls faces in the picture! I can imagine how delighted I would be to have something like that. Now if I had something that was quilting with a smooth action like that I would be thrilled as well!!

OMG!!! How lucky are YOU!! And look at the size of that bobbin!! Heaven! You are going to have a blast!!
    P

Laura says:

How Fun!! You showed great restraint by only sewing one bobbin’s worth.

Oh I am so excited for you! I would do tutorial forever just for a new sewing machine! Hum, have to work on that. Yippee! For you my friend. Do the happy dance!

Malini says:

That’s wonderful! Just recently I have been renting long arm and love it. But even though my quilting is good on DSM, there is a steep learning curve on the long arm.

Enjoy your quilting!

marjorie says:

How can I get one now??? without buying her…..lol
    I don’t have the space or I would have one….Ihave the Tempo and melody…I couldn\t tell you more earlier because I was sending from my phone…hard to see. Keep us informed, please. Nothing runs smoother!!!!

Queenie says:

How totally exciting!!!! You will love your long arm for sure.
    Enjoy the new machine!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

Jennifer D says:

Oh, how fabulous for you!! What a sweet deal you’ve made! I would love to work on a long arm (I live in the middle-of-nowhere Wisconsin and there isn’t a LQS that has rental long-arms within 200 miles. True story.). Maybe someday…. Until then, we all can live vicariously through you. :)

Congratulations! I’m sure the rest of the family will have to get used to all the time you will need to spend with the new “Baby”.

Pam says:

WOW! What fun that is! You very own lovely longarm machine. You are in for some real fun now! Congratulations on your new baby!!!

hugz

Mary C in WA says:

What a deal! I’ll be watching for your progress on using your NEW BABY!

Suzanne says:

Wow!! Have fun with it!! I’m drooling a little over here :)

Miep says:

How exciting, you will have Sooooo much fun with your new machine.
    Enjoy it, now we will wait and see what you have stitched.

amy smart says:

SO excited for you!

Linda says:

It’s going to be so much fun having you share this new journey with us.

Tami says:

Wow!! That’s so exciting!. All my DSM’s are Baby locks and I love them! Congratulations and good luck! You’ll love it!

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing all of your new quilting projects!

What fun! Congrats on the new “baby” looking forward to watching you explore all its features and sharing your experience with us!

Victhor says:

Oh Damn, S**t just got real! I have a Crown Jewel. Love Love Love it! It is a workhorse!

Sinta Renee says:

Wow, that is a great trade! She really is a Crown Jewel! I am thrilled for you!

[...] the weekend to rest and relax a little.  I’ve been having fun getting acquainted with my Crown Jewel, and look forward to adding quilts to the mix this week!  So far it’s just been some yardage [...]

Rhea says:

Obama science adviser John Holdren proposed blasting sulphate particles into the atmosphere to block the rays
    of the sun. Support lifestyles that are more environmentally-friendly.
    See how much of this change is attributed to greenhouse gases, albedo (i.

evden iş says:

Thanks for another fantastic post. The place else may anyone get that type of information in such an ideal way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m at the search for such information.