Blogger’s Quilt Festival :: News & Catching Up!

Hi friends! I love seeing all the quilts you have entered in the Festival! If you haven’t entered yet, there’s still time!  Visit this post and select a category your quilt falls into, and link up.  Also, there have been lots of nominations, but there’s always room for more – select a favorite from all the categories to nominate for Viewer’s Choice.  I will sort through all the nominations over the weekend, and then we vote for our top three favorites!

Spring Blogger's Quilt Festival - AmysCreativeSide.com

I had a great Market experience with a full schoolhouse, and four signings giving me a chance to chat with a number of shop owners and fans.  I’m still in recovery and catch up mode around the house, but today I’m planning to ignore the laundry and enjoy my birthday! I think I will pull out my Dancing Stars blocks and keep working on them :)

To celebrate with you, I have put all my books on sale in the bookshop, for today only! 25% off the publication prices, and no code needed.

Awaiting my return from Market was this quilt, which is in the July/August edition of Quiltmaker, and on newsstands soon!  Aptly named, Wildflower Fields, and made with PB&J fabrics by Basic Grey for Moda.

9ccfb448c29011e29d8022000a1fa9ec_7

And the contract for my next book was waiting for me too! Working with Martingale has opened many doors for me and I love the writing process! The manuscript is due in early January, so I’m planning to enjoy the summer months with my family, and make all the necessary plans to begin sewing while the kiddos are in school next fall.

8624b76ac29111e2891a22000a9d0ec6_7

That was a lot to catch up on!  I have some Market loot pictures to take, and I’ll share more then.

I hope you are having a great day, and if you haven’t yet – enter a quilt!

xo – Amy

16 thoughts on “Blogger’s Quilt Festival :: News & Catching Up!

Happy birthday, Amy!
    And congrats on another book contract, too!

Have a great Birthday and congratulations.

Sinta Renee says:

Happy birthday to you! That looks like a dream come true birthday present in itself! I hope the rest of your year is just as wonderful.

Susan Owenby says:

Congratulations!

trish says:

* happy birthday to you * happy birthday to you * happy birthday dear amy * happy birthday to you *

Welcome home from Market. Congrats on your upcoming book!!

Mary C in WA says:

Happy Birthday, Amy! Thanks again for all you do to make our Blogger’s Quilt Festival possible.

Jan says:

Thank you so much for hosting the quilt festival! I have finally entered this spring, after just ‘visiting’ in the past. I know it must be a big job and I appreciate your effort!

Beth Strand says:

Congratulations…on both the book and the birthday!

Happy Birthday, Amy! Thanks for throwing such a great online party. It has been awesome to see sew many quilts of all kinds, get inspired, and ‘meet’ such nice quilty folks!

Lynn says:

Happy Birthday Amy. I am celebrating your birthday by taking the last of the paper off the back of my dancing stars quilt. It is looking great. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

Ann says:

I’m new to this, so I’m so glad your site was recommended to me. This is awesome, thank you for doing this. It has to be a lot of work to put this all together.

Valerie says:

Happy Birthday!

The links should still be open to enter today right? I can’t find any active links to enter a quilt….

Carol McDowell says:

I can’t link up? It’s the 24th and should still be active?

Katy S says:

So sad that I appear to have missed the chance to add a link :(. There is no “Add your link” box appearing in any of the categories. I thought today, the 24th, I could still add. The quilts are all lovely though.

Wonderful web site below! Likewise your blog loads upwards extremely fast! Just what exactly number do you think you’re applying? Am i allowed to get a affiliate website link for your sponsor? I would like my website jam-packed as easily as you hahah

Eye-catching element of material. I just located your web site plus accession cash to get which i receive actually liked profile your blog content. Anyways I’m going to be subscribing for your for and even My partner and i fulfillment you obtain correct regarding admittance to regularly quickly.