Thanks for tuning in this week! April and I share our wish list of new skills to learn – what’s on your list? Our Top 5 includes tools and notions for learning our new skills.
The wedding quilt – at last! I made this quilt for my sister-in-law and her new husband, who is really tall! When I learned that they were planning to purchase a California King size bed, I super-sized my design!
We all have skills we want to learn, or perfect. Here’s what April and I have on our lists :
– Long-arm binding application
– Needle-turn appliqué
– Consistency in curved piecing
– Hiding/burying knots
– Perle Cotton appliqué
– Hand quilting also with perle cotton
– 1/4″ Paper pieced hexagons
This is the quilt I mentioned in the cast, click the picture to read more about my process in making the quilt.
Top 5 tools for learning/perfecting our skills –
– More perle cotton threads
– Papers for paper piecing – paperpieces.com
– Superior Threads Prewound Bobbin Assortmentfor applique
– Google a method to find your best way to work
Thanks for tuning in! Email your feedback here!
Your ratings and reviews are welcome on iTunes as well – Thanks!