Wedding Quilt & Our Trip

Posted on September 27th, by Amy in finished quilt, My kids. 11 comments

Hi there! I’ve been trying to gather my thoughts and post all week, and couldn’t quite get it together – so it waited. I hope you all have had a great week! I took the time (FINALLY!) to do some website maintenance, which didn’t take as long as I had imagined, and why I had put it off for so long. If you can’t find something specific, drop me a note and I’ll see if we can find it :) Part of the reason for the updates is Blogger’s Quilt Festival is coming -

Blogger's Quilt Festival - AmysCreativeSide.com

I’ve added the code for you to grab in the sidebar, add it to your sidebar or next post, and spread the word! It’s going to be great :)

Wedding Quilt - AmysCreativeSide.com

I’ve been secretly working on this quilt the last few months, for my sister-in-law, Jenna, and her new husband, Scott. Jenna follows my activity on instagram and I really wanted to surprise the both of them with a quilt for their new bed! The quilt measures 108″ x 108″, made with Lotta fabrics, and Kona snow. When I realized how big of a quilt they were going to need, I played with the size of blocks so that I could quickly cover the space, and add visual interest to blocks. I’m really happy with how it turned out, and loved quilting it on my Baby Lock Crown Jewel!  I’m considering writing the pattern for it, let me know if you might be interested.

Quilting Detail - AmysCreativeSide.coma

Here’s Jenna & Scott; just married. It was a sweet wedding in a friend’s backyard, sadly my phone (camera) died shortly after this shot, but fun was had by all!

IMG_3731

While taking pictures earlier in the day, I had a rare moment to capture our family all together, and dressed up. The kids are getting so big!

IMG_3706

Of course while in Southern California, we had to visit the beach, and Disneyland! It had been 9 years since our last visit to the area, and we packed as much as we could in a few short days…maybe that’s why I’ve been so tired!

Newport Beach - AmysCreativeSide.com

The beach was a bit cool, but we still managed to have lots of fun in the surf!

Disneyland - AmysCreativeSide.com

IMG_3747

Waiting for the parade, late in the day, their personalities are shining through!

Waiting for the parade - AmysCreativeSide.com

Yes, we are Packer fans, and yes, we are from Utah. My husband Joe grew up in Wisconsin and has rubbed off on all of us! When we were in Wisconsin for the Quilt Expo, we had the chance to visit Lambeau field, and brought home Packer swag :) It turned out to be a great way to keep track of everyone too!

That’s it for today! I hope you have a great weekend -

11 thoughts on “Wedding Quilt & Our Trip

Melissa says:

lovely!! I have a stash of lotta prints & scraps I’ve been waiting & searching for inspiration.

Hilary says:

That quilt is really beautiful :) I would love to see a pattern!

Queenie says:

Congratulations to the happy couple. The quilt is awesome. Yes, please so write up the pattern.
    So glad a good time was had by all.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

Diane says:

Great family pics! It’s always hard to round everyone up and get a good shot. Love the Packer attire. Diane (your quilt holder at Expo)

Gayle Grier says:

Hi…would you please check on the last podcast added to iTunes…it shows no time, as if it did not upload. Thanks…I am enjoying your podcasts.

What a beautiful family picture!

Carla says:

The quilt turned out so fabulous! I love all Lotta’s fabrics. Hurray for another festival

Very cool! Congratulations on everything! Lovely family :)

Julie Hirt says:

Gorgeous quilt and lovely family!

What a beautiful couple, what a beautiful quilt, what a beautiful family!

Love the new header! But I still can’t follow via Bloglovin as it’s not publishing your posts but some Italian feed instead!

Linda Fleming says:

What a great vacation to have with your beautiful family.
    Loved the wedding quilt – would like to see the pattern!