Ariane of Ariane’s Crafts is today’s featured quilter! I hope you enjoy getting to Ariane a little better –
1. When did you begin quilting?I began quilting in August 2008. I was in need of a hobby, a creative outletto help me cope with stress. I needed something that I could do for myselfand use my creative skills. I had always been very creative as a child. Iwould draw, paint, cross stitch and do other crafts as a young girl. When Ihad my kids, I stopped doing a lot of those creative things. Then I wentback to work full time and I just did not take any time for myself, or doanything for myself. So, one day I found out my cousin was having her firstbaby and decided to make her a quilt. I only had basic sewing skills. My Momhad … Read More »
Peg of Ivy Arts is our featured blogger today! I hope you enjoy getting to know Peg –
1. When did you begin quilting?
I began quilting about nine years ago. I was a painter at thetime and went into my local quilt shop to buy thread to sew on abutton. I was dazzled by the colors and designs of the fabric. I reallywanted to play with it. I realize that I am generally impatient (andsometimes sloppy) so I never thought I had the chops to tacklequilting. I started with a few simple strip quilts for babies and it’sbeen love ever since. An addictive, can’t-get-enough kind of love,beginners beware.
2. Why do you quilt?
I quilt because I’vefound that sewing fulfills my creative side almost more so thanpainting and it’s much easier to manage with the hectic schedule ofyoungsters. Since my kids have been born I … Read More »
Ashley of Film in the Fridge is our featured blogger today! I hope you enjoy getting to know Ashley a bit more.—–Hi Amy (and Amy’s readers!) Thanks for having me!
1. When did you begin quilting?I jumped intosewing not too long ago. I never had any interest in sewing or learninghow to sew until all of a sudden I decided I wanted to make myself afew market bags. My mom gave me a little lesson on the sewing machineback in 2008 (the end of 2007? I can’t remember!) and it’s been nonstop since then! At that time I also fell in love with fabric andstarted collecting pieces of my favorites. I think Flickr was what gotme started on quilting. In looking up my favorite fabrics, I startedseeing beautiful modern quilts made out of those fabrics. The firstquilt I started was … Read More »
Liz of Teeny Tiny Quilts is our featured quilter today! I hope you enjoy getting to know Liz a bit more –
1. When did you begin quilting? I learned to quilt in October 2006, when I took a beginner class at my local quilt shop. I did a bit of sewing and enjoyed it, but 2007 was taken over by my pregnancy and the arrival of newborn twins, so not much time and energy for sewing. I started back up and really got hooked in late 2008/early 2009. It’s been non-stop since then.
2. Why do you quilt? I quilt because it is something that I do just for me. I’m a stay-at-home mom, so much of my time is dictated by the needs of my young children (as so many of you know!). Quilting is just for me. Sure, I … Read More »
Zonnah has participated in both of the Quilt Festivals! I asked Zonnah to answer a few questions for us – so we can get to know her better, and see a few more of her beautiful quilts!
Images are courtesy of Zonnah
1. When did you begin quilting? I started in January 2009.2. Why do you quilt? Stress relief, I have a toddler :P3. What is your favorite quilting tip? Well, it is not a technical tip just some advice, always try to push yourself into trying and learning new things you won’t regret it.4. What was your inspiration for your Quilt Festival quilt?
The backing fabric. (Check the link above, to see a picture of the fabric)5. Do you sew other things? Yes. I have sewn clothes, curtains, a tent for my sons bed, toys, seat cushions, and several other things :)6. Anything else … Read More »